- This event has passed.
Free Annual Caribbean-Wide Breast Cancer Symposium
June 15, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFREE
This event is over. Thanks to everyone that came to the symposium. Below are some pictures and materials from the symposium.
We are honored to be here with you. By the end of the Seminar you will understand all information below.
This 1 ¾ hour Seminar will begin with an overview of all breast imaging studies. Emphasis on strengths and weaknesses of each will be discussed. This is all presented in lay-terms.
In this segment you will learn:
- Who needs digital mammography vs. DBT, Breast Ultrasound and Breast MRI.
- What these studies are, what the imaging findings are in DCIS and Invasive Breast Cancer.
We will round out with 2017 Part 1:
- Your Immune System, Vitamin D, Breast Cancer and You.
- Faith and Medicine in Harmony Vitamin D/Breast Cancer/Immune System/and you.
You will be introduced to many facts about Vitamin D few people know:
- How important Vitamin D is to good health and cancer prevention,
- What your vitamin D level should be and how it is determined,
- What you can do to get and maintain an adequate Vitamin D level, and just what the numbers are.
You will also be introduced to the relationship between:
- Ethnicity, risk factors for vitamin D deficiency and cancer,
- A possible link between aggressiveness of breast cancer and Vitamin D deficiency,
- How Vitamin D can protect against developing some cancers,
- And How and WHY you (the layperson) MUST become an active participant and team member on the multidisciplinary team working right along with medical professionals as partners to maintain a healthy body.
It is our hope you will learn something to make for a “healthier you”.
We also agree with Einstein when he said, “If you cannot explain something where a 6 year old understands it, it means you do not understand it yourself.”
In the words of our President Dr. Douglas Belton, “come, relax, enjoy and learn”.
Physicians and Laypersons Educational Associates of Greater Rochester, New York. (PLEA of GRNY)